Jun 3, 2020

Special guest


2016 Participate Impact Report: Student Learning Outcomes

In this class we heard about the experience of  Wilson Moreno who is a Costa Rican teacher working in United States as a Spanish teacher. He shared with us some anecdotes of his journey, for example he told us that it was hard at the beginning, he experienced a cultural shock and that he passed through an adaptation period. Also, he shared the steps that he did to get the job, he had to pass through different interviews and the most important was with the principal of his possible new school. He mentioned the name of the program, Participate.
On the other hand, my classmates asked him some questions and he was so nice because he always tried that the answer was as clear as possible. 

This class was so interesting because I knew things that I did not know before, for example that the students must take languages lessons to go to college. Also, now I am curious to know more about these programs because I want to live new experiences when I finally obtain my degree.